MENTI-CARE SERVICE USER AGREEMENT
(Updated as of: 1st July 2020)
The following are the terms and conditions for the Menti-CARE service (the "Menti-CARE Service User Agreement") which govern your access to and use of Menti-CARE service on our online platform. In order to use the Menti-CARE service, you agree to be bounded by the following terms and conditions stated in this Menti-CARE Service User Agreement:
2. The “Menti-CARE” Workshops are online live Workshops (Hereby known as “Menti-CARE Workshops”) that are conducted in groups with other participants (collectively known as the “Clients”) whom you may or may not know personally. The Menti-CARE Workshops are offered via the Platform, for you to sign-up.
3. “Menti-CARE Workshops” are provided by the “Coach”.
4. You have to be at least 21 years of age to book and attend any of our online Workshops offered under “Menti-CARE”.
5. Unless it is in the case of the private booking session where you are allowed to sign-up for the respective session on behalf of your fellow Clients of age 21 years old and above and whom you already know, you must not sign-up for the Menti-CARE Workshops on behalf of anybody else under any other circumstances. In signing up on behalf of other Clients in the private workshops, you are to ensure that you have gotten their voluntary consent and that they are also 21 years old and above. We are not to be held responsible or liable for any inaccuracy in information of Clients provided during the sign-up/booking and for any actions that you undertake in booking of the private workshop on behalf of others.
6. Sessions are conducted online via our Platform, involving “zoom” or other video conferencing software.
7. The “Menti-CARE Workshops” are solely for educational and enrichment purposes and by no means serve as a replacement for formal medical and professional interventions.
8. Any forms of information, opinions, ideas and insights etc. gained, received and/or construed (hereby known as “Ideas”) from the Goods and Services that you have received are based on your own voluntary will and basis as a Client. We take no responsibility for any of the above aforementioned and the actions that you as the Client take during and thereafter upon using our Goods and Services. You undertake not to hold us liable for and also indemnify us against any loss, personal injuries and/or injuries of others related to you (in all forms, including but not limited to psychological, social, emotional and/or physical), harm or consequence(s) arising out of the same.
9. We retain the full rights to determine and/or change the content, topics, duration and pricing of the “Menti-CARE Workshops”.
10. We also own the full Intellectual Property rights and Copyrights to the ownership of the content and materials created by us. As such, you are not authorized and do not have the rights to (be it for personal or commercial purposes) misuse, misappropriate, copy, circulate, download, reproduce, modify, copy, record, resale our Menti-CARE Workshops and its related materials for your own purposes and interest.
11. In signing-up for the Menti-CARE workshop, you agree to maintain a posture of respect to the Coach and other clients in session in order to create a safe place for learning.
12. You agree that the boundary and duration of the relationship between the Coach and the you the Client (“Coach Client Relationship) and/or between fellow Client(s) are confined to that during the respective “Menti-CARE Workshop” that you have signed-up for. As such, the Coach and fellow Clients are not obligated to remain in contact or attend to any forms of questions, queries, situations, circumstances etc. that is out of the Workshop session that you have signed-up for.
13. In relation to the use of our Goods and Services, during the course of your use or thereafter, you agree not to undertake in any behaviour that causes distress or harm, be it psychological, physical or verbal harm, including and not limiting to, threaten, abuse, harass, vulgar, obscene, racist or invade the privacy of us (Our Company, Our Directors, Our Employees, Our Affiliates) and others, including but not limited to your fellow Participants, our Clients and those around you. You also agree to respect the privacy of all us (Our Company, Our Directors, Our Employees, Our Affiliates) and your fellow Participants and Clients, such as agreeing not to divulge or misuse any personal information about us that you have gained in the course of using our Goods and Services, or intrude into our personal space (including but not limited to our homes, office and places that we may be at), during and outside the duration and course of your use of our Goods and Services. If you are found to have engaged activities in the aforementioned, we reserve the right to report you to the authorities for appropriate actions to be taken against you. You also undertake to not hold us responsible and liable and indemnify us should you act upon and commit any of the aforementioned.
14. We reserve the right to refuse service and future service to you should you be deemed to be involved in any behaviours, including but not limited to those stated in Clause 13 that causes distress or harm to us, to our platform and to others, including but not limited to your fellow participants, our Clients and those around you.
15. You are also not allowed to record the session with any devices, be it audio or video-recording without the consent of the Coach and all other Clients in the session. Any persons found to be doing so will be reported and action taken against him/her.
16. IN USING THIS PLATFORM, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT THE SERVICES PROVIDED VIA THE PLATFORM ARE NOT MEANT FOR MEDICAL AND CRISIS RELATED SITUATIONS AND CIRCUMSTANCES (“EMERGENCIES”), WHICH INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONSIDERATIONS AND/OR ACTS OF SUICIDE, SELF-HARM, HARMING OF OTHERS AND PROPERTY AND/OR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES.
17. UNDER SUCH EMERGENCIES, YOU ARE TO IMMEDIATELY CONTACT THE RELATED PERSONNEL WHO ARE CAPABLE OF HANDLING THE EMERGENCY AND RENDER THE HELP THAT YOU WOULD NEED, SUCH AS 999 FOR THE POLICE IN SINGAPORE, 995 FOR EMERGENCY AMBULANCE, 1800-221-4444 FOR THE SAMARITANS OF SINGAPORE, IN SUICIDE AND SELF-HARM CASES.
18. FOR INTERNATIONAL HOTLINES FOR HANDLING MENTAL HEALTH RELATED EMERGENCIES, YOU MAY ALSO LOOK INTO THIS LINK ( AND CONTACT THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES, SERVICES AND AGENCIES FOR HELP.
19. You agree and have noted that all services rendered via this Platform is not intended for case and crisis management for any Emergencies (as defined above) and you agree that the Coach will not be undertaking such activities as part of our service being rendered.
20. Notwithstanding clauses 16, 17, 18 and 19, you hereby agree and consent:
a. To provide accurate “Contact Details” of yourself for the use of our Services. In addition to providing your own Contact Details, for the use of our services, you also agree to provide the Contact Details of yourself and that of a next-of-kin (Close family member/relation) for us to act as an information source to be used in case of a mental health crisis or other emergency where your next-of-kin has to be contacted in serving your best interest. In the event of a mental health crisis, under compelling reasons, or that it would serve your best interest, you agree that we have the rights to exercise discretion in contacting your next-of-kin and/or relevant authorities who will be able to ensure that your best interest is being served.
b. That your ability to access and use our Goods and Services is conditioned upon the truthfulness of the information and that we as the Providers of the Goods and Services that you access (“Provider(s)”) are relying upon this certification in order to interact with you and provide the Goods and Services. We have the right to refuse provision of Goods and Services to you should such information not be provided or in the event that such information is found to be false.
21. You have noted on the ownership and responsibility that you have to take action to ensure self-care to care for your own well-being, which includes, but not limited to exiting the session if you have to exercise such forms of self-care. Under such circumstances, the Coach will deem that you have voluntarily terminated your participation in that particular Menti-CARE Workshop, having attended the workshop and no refunds will be made. Under such circumstances, it is deems that the Coach-Client Relationship has also been terminated, unless you sign-up and pay for another new Menti-CARE Workshop.
22. Payment for the regularly offered and private booking Menti-CARE Workshops has to be made in full upon sign-up via our online payment system.
23. In signing-up for the Menti-CARE Workshops, you agree to pay only via legitimate and authorized modes of payment such as using credit cards and other payment modes (hereby known as “Payment Methods”) that you are officially authorized and have formal rights to do so. Otherwise, you are not to proceed to make the booking.
24. In making the booking and payment, you also authorize us to bill and charge you for the purchase and to have the rights to have your billing details and information and also to retain them for the purposes of billing.
25. We do not accept request for refunds for the regularly offered Menti-CARE Workshops (involving other participants who have signed-up) on “Menti-CARE”, after you have booked and paid for the Workshops.
26. For the private bookings of Menti-CARE Workshops, request for refunds can be made for the full cancellation of private bookings, up to two weeks in advance, for only up to 50% of the full fees paid while the other 50% serves as non-refundable safety deposit to make up for the preparation of the materials for the Workshop and the costs involved in the hiring of the Coach for the private booking of the Workshops. Therefore, should request for refunds be acceded after the Company has assessed that request is made on reasonable grounds, 50% of the full fees paid will be then be refunded. Under such circumstances, we will also charge a fee of $5 for processing such requests. Note also that there will be no partial refund Menti-CARE Workshop who is unable to attend the respective privately booked Workshops. Under such instances, full fees will still be charged if individual Client is unable to make it for the session.
27. We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions in this Menti-CARE Service User Agreement from time to time without informing you prior to the change. Accordingly, if you do not agree to this clause on the modifications that the Company may make to this Menti-CARE Service User Agreement in the future, do not use or access or continue to access the Menti-CARE service.